We’ve served members and our community for over 30 years, protecting hunters’ rights and promoting wildlife conservation and outdoor education.
Hunters’ rights, wildlife conservation and outdoor education, since 1989
West Michigan Bowhunters is a chapter of Safari Club International (SCI). Our chapter was founded in 1989 and currently has over 80 members. We are committed to protecting hunters’ rights and promoting wildlife conservation efforts. We promote good fellowship among all who love the outdoors and hunting, while sharing hunting experiences and information among our membership. We also help advocate for the wise and sustained use of Michigan’s natural resources.
Additional ways we make a difference in the communities we serve:
• Promote conservation of the world’s renewable wildlife resources, recognizing hunting as one of the many management tools.
• Educate youth, sportsmen and the public in conservation of our wildlife and our forests, which are our natural heritage.
• Operate the association as a non-profit organization, consistent with its charitable purposes, while providing enjoyment for our members, always with the goal to helping to conserve the animals that we love to hunt today – for those who will come to love the sport tomorrow.
SCI Hunters Code of Ethics
Recognizing my responsibilities to wildlife, habitat and future generations, I pledge:
• To conduct myself in the field so as to make a positive contribution to wildlife and ecosystems
• To improve my outdoor and hunting related skills to ensure humane harvesting of wildlife;
• To comply with all game laws, in the spirit of Fair Chase, and to influence my companions accordingly
• To accept my responsibility to provide all possible assistance to game law enforcement officers;
• To waste no opportunities to teach young people the full meaning of this code of ethics
• To reflect in word and behavior only credit upon the fraternity of sportsmen, and to demonstrate abiding respect for game, habitat and property where I am privileged to hunt
Out-of Door Youth Camp Scholarships
Given to academic scholarships to local college students planning to make careers in natural resources management.
Want to support our cause?
Share our passion? Take it to the next level.
Board of Directors
Work: (616) 662-8000
Cell: (616) 540-6354
VICE PRESIDENT/FUND RAISER CHAIR
Home: (616) 892-5800
Cell: (616) 292-6289
Grand Rapids, MI
Work: (616) 575-0140
Cell: (616) 437-0200
West Olive, MI
Home: (616) 836-4183
Cell: (616) 836-2057
*Original Founding Board Member
Work: (616) 669-6688
Cell: (616) 293-4835
Work: (616) 399-3011
Cell (616) 491-7970
West Olive, MI
Cell (616) 283-3750
John L. Koetje
Byron Center, MI
Cell (616) 437-9235
Cell (616) 450-1625